To make things even more interesting (or in Wayans and Tan’s case, awkward), Insider invited them to play a game of Have You Ever, confirming or denying any rumour, activity, or feelings ever linked to them. Dig in with us as we discover more of their relationship:
- Hugged? Wayans said Tan gives the best hugs, describing his B’s hugs as ‘coming home.’ Tan refuted this, saying Wayans has the best hugs, which feel like ‘hot chocolate, a good book, and bed during a rainy day.’ Yeah, alright, we let them flip a coin to determine the winner for best hug instead. (Marcus won.)
- Slept in the same bed? “Yes, which can be really tricky since he sleeps nude,” Tan teased. Oh, shush, Tan—it’s a nice problem to have.
- Held hands? “All the time,” said Wayans, grabbing Tan’s hand and locking fingers with her.
- Gotten a tattoo for each other? “Out of the five tats I have, three of them were because of Marcus,” Tan said, showing us the string of tattoos on her left wrist: the tiny dark blue key tattoo which Wayans confirms he had put on her, MJW (J for James), Wayans’ initials in blood red next to the key, and the words Take a risk & fight underneath them. Why would Wayans inspire a risk-taking tattoo?
Wayans also has three tattoos relating to Tan: her initials CST (S for Samantha) right next to the lock tattoo on his chest, a line from her favourite Temper Trap song Sweet Disposition that talks about not surrendering, and the same flock of birds tattoo she had on her right shoulder on his right shoulder.
- To Wayans: Written a song about Tan? Wayans admitted to having written songs about Tan, who reveals she only knows about two songs. Wayans grinned when he said, “There are six songs out there that are about you.”
- Kissed (on the lips, like full-on kiss): There were a few seconds of silence before Wayans revealed that they have, in fact, kissed. “I am her first kiss,” he said in a serious tone. “At the risk of sounding virginal, yeah, I had my first kiss at twenty-five,” Tan joked.
- Thought ‘I can fall in love with this person’: Now this was where things got really interesting. Nobody wanted to speak first, which automatically meant ‘yes’ in most books. Wayans finally spoke, his tone solemn as he said, “I have, and I was, but I’m not anymore.”
From: The Real Score by Kesh Tanglao
Intrigued? Join the giveaway for a chance to win a copy of the book by simply clicking the link below:
Book and author details:
Caitlin’s friendship with Marcus, the de facto frontman of the world’s biggest boy band Gezellig, has long been an object of scrutiny by almost everyone–their friends and families, the media, and his fans–ever since they “went public” a couple of years back. Who wouldn’t be interested? She was a nobody, catapulted into the limelight of his fame when he struck an unusual friendship with her.
To both Caitlin and Marcus, what they have is a “perfect little thing.” But then something comes along and threatens it.
In a no-holds-barred interview, will they finally be forced to settle the score?
Kesh Tanglao is a full-time market researcher. When she’s not crunching numbers, she spends most of her free time watching TV shows, listening to music, and reading. Also a self-proclaimed fangirl, she likes cheering for her favorite sports teams and supporting her favorite artists.